Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Pat's Day: Oh Manny Boy...

I had a pair of tickets behind the plate 5 rows from the field for the St. Pat's matchup for the Sox and the Yanks. A buddy of mine who knows very little about baseball and I went and it was a treat. The day was warm, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the fans in this section were really cool.

The Sox lost, but I am fairly sure this was a ploy to make the Yankees think they have a chance this year. Here are a few of the shots from this game:
Hideki Matsui
Cute Little Dustin Pedroia
Johnny Damon, as I live & breathe!

Jorge Posada

Some of the Yankess, admiring the Sox players as they warmed up Andy Pettitte
David Ortiz
Jeter
The Boss
Jeter gets hit by a pitch. Somebody call a nurse!
Go Sox!
I love this pic!
Yeah, that's A-Rod. Sitting in his box exactly 4 rows in front of my seat.
This game was held at Legend's Field in Tampa. It's sort of a mini-Yankee's Stadium. The food was great, the beer was cold and reasonably priced, and the restroom lines were short. Two thumbs up! Seriously, this game was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dat's right, it's called LEGENDS FIELD b/c the Yankees have won more World Series Titles than anyone else..26 - 2, plueez. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, and several Boston players do resemble wild animals. :)