Monday, March 17, 2008

BTW, My Hotel & Car Were Bright Yellow This Trip

I didn't make a hotel reservation, officially. I had a spot that a buddy was going to let me stay cheap, but when I checked in - people were in the room eating pizza. I laughed it off and moved on. I figured since I was checking in so late, I could just find a vacancy sign and make a deal. I got a beachfront spot for a $100 cash. Not too bad, considering the place was JIMMY BUFFETT themed!
I don't think that $100 made its way into any kind of cash register, but what do I care. And I'll be damned if I can remember the name of the place.

I got a lot of cool ideas for how I want to do my screened in porch at my new apt.

Boat Drinks.


No Smoking, Please. OK, this place had a wild layout. There was a super cozy bedroom on the main level and then there was a deck and a living room and kitchen on the upper level. And you had to take THESE stairs to get up & down. Or you could be boring and use the ones outside.

From the outside. Notice the "Mother Mother Ocean" inscribe on the side of the place.

From the other side.

This was the entry way to the 2nd deck. Kinda cool, me thinks. More hotel decor. Tacky but it works!

My rental car.

Seabass likes yellow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally YOU! I LOVE YELLOW, too.