Thursday, March 6, 2008

I had the dream again

I have had this recurring dream now for years! I thought maybe it had left me, but nope -- last night it showed up again as clear as a bell. Here's the happenstance:

There is a giant hippo swimming around in this nice habitat at a zoo. He's thrashing and moaning and no one knows what to do.

So they call me, and I'm like this super-dentist to the animals or something, because I put on a wet suit, hop in the water, and proceed to work on this poor hippo's hurting teeth.

He opens up real wide, and I go in and dig the rot out of his choppers. I then inspect his other teeth, deem them healthy and leave the water.

That's it - end of dream.

If anyone out there has any remote idea what this could mean, please write. I have been having this one since I was a sophomore in high school, and I'm yet to understand it. I feel like there's meaning there, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

According to the Dreamer's Dictionary, a hippo signifies a dangerous rival or hostile competitor. Since you are operating on it like a dentist, (a dentist respresents a stressful situation or fear of illness and pain) perhaps you are taking down your enemy?