Saturday, March 22, 2008

Movin' On Up ...

To the East Side ... to a dee-lux apartment in the sky-y!

Yep, I'm in the process of my big move. Now my previous move was at age 29 -- out of my parent's house. I've lived in the same condo since then. And I've acquired a hell of a lot of crap.

Due to the condo association gone wild, I'm moving to a nice apartment across town. For those who remember the Jeffersons...


You'll recall their apartment looked like this:
While mine isn't that mammoth, it's still very nice.
Here is the layout of the one I'm moving into. The final score is that I'm gaining one bedroom, a fireplace, a much larger kitchen, and a screened porch. I'm losing a garage and the storage that goes along with that, a cooler neighborhood, and a residents-only swimming pool. When all the dust settles of things-included, I'm at about the same $.

Here's part of my porch. I'm going to make it into a tropical paradise, just wait & see!


Here's part of the kitchen & hallway. That big green thing is the rug cleaning machine.

The fireplace

The living room

The kitchen, dining area, and doorway to the porch

Lookie what I found behind the door. A washer & dryer!

These are the unfurnished pics. Stop back soon to see some with my junk strewn out all over. ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When's the housewarming party? I'll bring the Sue-Dip!

Anonymous said...

It's gonna be SUWEET when it's all done. I would be honored to chuck some tennies outside your new home, when it thaws.

Anonymous said...

When did this happen? Are buses and campers still welcome at your parties?