Sunday, May 25, 2008

Good Times Never Seemed So Good ...

I had a ball in Boston. The conference was good, the games at Fenway were awesome and I saw a ton of incredible sights.


Here's a shot of me with some new friends I made in Beantown.


On Sunday, part of the conference was to tour some advertising agencies in Boston. There were some really fun stops ... like this one:



And this one:



It was also inspiring to see all of the cool work and talented people along the way. Check out these awards at one of the larger agencies:



After the tours, I was onto Fenway Park to see the Red Sox take on the Milwaukee Brewers. This is somewhere I've always wanted to go, and it was even better than I'd imagined.



I got to see the Left Sock and the Right Sock:



Fenway is known as America's Most Beloved Ballpark, and I can see why. It's not just going to a game, it's being a part of something.





I ran into a guy with a hilarious t-shirt. I smell a business venture here! (Or maybe that's my garlic french fries.)



One day for lunch I ate a lobsta roll, a cuppa chowda, and some Boston Creme pie. I believe in the 360 experience!


The next night I was back at the game. And what a game it was! Red Sox pitcher Jon Lester pitched a no-hitter. Incredible! Here's the final box score shot:




Me outside Fenway...





I got a good dose of Boston and then it was time to move on down the road. Or in this case, the tracks. I took the Acela Express (Amtrack) from Boston to NYC.



As noted in previous posts, I had tickets to a Yankee game for me & 3 friends. We were a little scared it might get rained out, but everything turned out fine. The friend who was responsible for transportation to & from the game surprised us all by booking us aboard The Yankee Clipper - a ferry that takes fans around the island to the Bronx. This was so much fun it was just ridiculous.



We got to the game and endured about 1 inning of rain, then it cleared up and the Yanks won big over the O's.



A-rod hit one homer, then had another called a ground-rule double. Then with bases loaded, new Yankees Manager Joe Girardi pulled him for somebody the Yank's don't even have a photo of ... check it out:



Didn't matter though. It was another great game and I saw some incredible things. I literally thanked God for all the neat things I did & saw.


The End (for now).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! Good to see you smiling again!! :)

Anonymous said...

The Sox AND the Yankees?!?!! Your baseball-bipolar.

Anonymous said...

At least you ended on a good note! Go Yanks!