Monday, January 19, 2009

I Can't Look Away ...

OK, there are some things in life that are just too intriguing to pass up. A garage sale on the wrong side of town. A used car with high miles but a ridiculously low price. A lost kitten at your front door.

Add in - a hotel with the worst reviews I've ever read in my life! I found this little nugget on Trip Advisor. I want to maintain the confidentiality of all mentioned in the reviews below, so I'll just say that this MOTEL 6 is in or around Tampa, FL.

Reviews:

Imagine driving all day from Penascola to Tampa with a trailer, 3 cats and an aggravated cockatiel. We arrived at this Motel 6 shortly after dark to find it surrounded by police cars so we drove past it and pulled in at a new car place being built next door to regroup. There is an adult store the size of a K-mart across the street and a security guard drives up from somewhere amidst the construction and tells us that we definitely do not want to stay there. He gave us directions to the other Motel 6 down the road where we went. It turned out not to be the cleanest but at least we felt safe.

After a long flight we checked into the room. We immediately noticed that the carpet was not vacuumed. Food crumbs and lots of stuff (dirt) behind the nightstand.

Pulling back the bedspread we were greeted with a blood stained pillowcase and dirty sheets. I put down towels to cover the sheets. The linens were very dirty. I really don't think the housekeeping staff changed the linens. Clean linens don't look like what we had to sleep on.

I was appalled by the room. This is absolutely the worst place I have ever had to sleep.

I will shave off all my skin and stretch it into a tent and sleep there before I ever consider staying at this motel, or any Motel 6 again. I have been a travelling musician for 20+ years and seen a lot of hotel rooms in my time. This one is the worst hotel in the history of lodging.

I discovered that after 10:00 PM, the lobby door is closed and locked, and the night clerk speaks to people from behind a window of bulletproof glass.

As we were checking in, we also noticed a young pretty African-American girl in a very skimpy gold lamme bathing suit coming in and out of the lobby. We assumed she was coming from the pool. After seeing her several more times the same day, we determined she was “working” the hotel. A very nice amenity but not a service we needed.


Yep, you guessed it. I'm staying at this property at least 1 night next time I'm in the area. It's on my life list as of right now!

No comments: