Friday, January 2, 2009

Making Concessions

Since I'm unemployed right now, I need to make some financial cutbacks. However, there's some middle ground to be found. For example, I have more time now and I LOVE to go to the movies! Recently I've seen Four Christmases, Marley & Me and The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons.

I save $ by going to the early show -- it's only 6 bucks! And, I bring my own snacks. (See photo below.) A nice little Ziplock baggie of cheese corn and a Coke smuggled into the movies in a big winter coat or a purse with some of the contents emptied out ahead of time = less than $2. I use the theater's straws and napkins.

As a courtesy to other movie-goers, you need to a) open your Coke during the really loud previews and b) remove your snacks from a bag that can make irritable rustling noises and place it into a less crinkley bag.

I call this: Making Concessions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have taken in entire value meals into the movies including the soda. The smell is a give away but I'm prepared to say I just got off work at McD's.